Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm Not Pregnant :)



I have the most amazing cousins ever! We recently had the opportunity to get together to see Elizabeth (3rd from right) and her family one more time before they left for Japan. Her husband Ben is in the marines. I'm so glad we got a good picture before she left!  We, the cousins, are at the time in our lives when we are having our own babies. Family get-togethers are revolving around them - how cute they are, how they're acting, what they need, etc. It's cool to see that - life is definitely a cycle and we are the "kids" anymore. Having lots of babies around now makes everything fun ... and gives us more reasons to get together ... which I love. So, speaking of babies, I have some news ...


NO, I'm not pregnant.


BUT, I'm totally at peace with it! You're probably thinking - wow, biiiig news! For me, though, that is big news. I'm learning in my life this idea of patience. I'm learning that "The end of a matter is better than it's beginning, so it's better to be patient than proud" Ecclesiastes 7:8. This is so true ... I was thinking that my plans were great - I took pride in my accomplishments and plans for my well organized life. The problem was that I didn't TRUST that God's plans for my life were better - I knew in my head they were, but I didn't trust it in my heart. Now, with some hiccups every so often, I know I was wrong.


David would insert the, "Oh My Gosh! She admitted she was wrong!" comment here. You can too if you'd like. :)


Anyway, I was. And God was right ... like always. So, while I'm thrilled for my cousins and LOVE their babies, I'm content without having one of my own right now. Besides, I couldn't go to Japan next year to visit Elizabeth with a baby - at least not as easily!

2 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest and so RIGHT! Love you Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Cathy! p.s. i love your white on white!

    ReplyDelete