I just spent a week in Florida! It was very relaxing and a wonderful start to summer vacation. Yes, I've technically "started" summer vacation already, however, this was the first official trip (of 4!). Here's a list of what we did, in case your curiosity is running:
1. Sitting at the beach for extended periods of time.
2. Snorkeling in Key Largo at John Pennekamp State Park
3. Went to a casino: Isle at Pompano Park - no I didn't win millions! I did come close once ($30!) but then I lost again.(I'll write about that in a later blog ... it was an experience all on it's own!
4. Sat by the pool & tiki hut for extended periods of time (with frozen goodies in hand!)
5. Went offshore fishing with two local guys on a boat called Lady Pamela II.
Cameron (David's cousin) caught a massive Warsaw Grouper:
6. Shopped at Bass Pro Shop. (Daddy would have been in heaven!)
7. Went to my first MLB game: TX Rangers & FL Marlins - Rangers won and I got on the big screen!
I think that's about it ... although there were probably things I've missed. What I enjoyed the most (since I'm doing this whole diet thing ...) was watching the sunrise over the ocean in the morning. I got up before most everyone else - unless George (David's dad) was going golfing - and went for a long walk on the beach. The sand there, by the way, is almost impossible to walk in so rest assured I got my exercise in! Anyway, the sun was amazingly beautiful coming up over the ocean. I have, on occasion, done this at home too, however, the long narrow beaches in FL had a different look. Everything seemed 'flatter' and more spread out. I think it was because the beaches are longer there than in SC, but whatever the reason, it was simply amazing. God's faithfulness is like the sunrise - breathtaking, consistent, and timely. What a great reminder!