Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Fresh Air

What are the odds that I'm sick on one of the first wonderful days? I've been down for the count with strep throat ... second time this year! The doctors at Nason Medical laughed at me when I told them I know it's strep because this is the second time this year. He wanted to test me for the flu and something else (medicine head made me forget!) but I said there was no need ... that's when the laughter came. He pushed, so I agreed to amuse him. I was right! I wonder if there is such thing as Chronic Strep Throat ... if so, I have it! Last year I had this once and the year before that, twice. Anyway, that's enough whining!


If you haven't been outside today ... GO! Even though I'm sick I took a long stroll with my little Lily for the fresh air. How amazing it was. This morning I was reminded that God promises new mercies for my life with each morning. What an amazing promise ... I wish I could be that way!


Lamentations 3:22-23 - "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."


Today, outside, I could feel Him. I just walked, breathed, and felt God in this world. That's hard to do in a world like we live in, but sometimes, when you slow down, it is still possible. The hard part is the slowing down ... maybe that's why I got sick, to remind me to slow down every once in a while. So I'm going to challenge you ... slow down! Breath God's freshness ... you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment