Monday, August 29, 2011

Hope

As I've been back into a routine, stressed beyond belief, I'm reminded that I'm a child of a living God. I'm reminded in the car while I listen to the radio. I'm reminded when I see a beautiful sunset on the way home from school or a sunrise driving over the bridge on the way to church. I'm reminded when I look into the eyes of a child in my class that has survived leukemia. I'm reminded when I sit - quiet - even for just a few minutes that I'm not alone. This God I'm speaking of has such a great gift - for anyone to receive. He offers hope. Hope is, by far, the best drug out there ... Hope is, by far, what can pull you through any situation ... Hope is, by far, what has been allowing me to float these last two weeks. There's more to the offer of hope and I wish I had hours to explain, but I don't. For now, I'll leave you with this verse. It's been reminding me to keep the conversation between me & God open through prayer. It's been reminding me to be patient during the tough times. It's been reminding me that there is hope for good to come. I love how God knows how to meet me where I am exactly when I need him to be there ... I hope that you can have this comfort too.


Romans 12:12 (Different translations so you can get a good picture of the encouraging words Paul wrote)


"Rejoice in our confident hope, be patient in times of trouble and keep on praying." (New Living Translation)
"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." (English Standard Version)
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." (New International Version)
"When you hope, be joyful. When you suffer, be patient. When you pray, be faithful." (New International Reader's Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment