Friday, March 12, 2010

Cowboys ...

Tonight was the annual Flowertown Elementary School Cowboy Campout. It was complete with cattle roping, line dancing, wood branding, stick horse riding, a chili cook-off, and a Best Dressed Cowboy and Cowgirl competition. Despite the soggy weather there was a large turn out! David and I chose not to campout this year ... GREAT decision! Why? It's raining now, those poor families! Anyway, our PE teacher, Steve Riccardi, is a real life cowboy. Truly ... he dresses like one, goes to "Shoot Outs" and hangs out with others just like him. He gets all his Cowboy and Cowgirl buddies together for a big campout every year at our school. The kids LOVE it. It's very laid back and fun for them. It reminds me of watching Little House on the Prairie with my grandmother and westerns with my daddy. Sometimes I wish I lived in that simpler time ... without the stresses of the world ... without the busy schedules and hectic days ... when you went to bed because it was dark and didn't go to school in August. But then I think ... I LOVE TEACHING. Teachers back then weren't allowed to marry. There were a lot of restrictions really ... yuck! So, I'm thankful for my job and for the time period in which I practice it. It does no good to want something that's impossible. You're probably thinking ... duh?! As I type this I'm thinking the same thing ... so why do I wish for things to be different sometimes? The only reason I can come up with is that I'm looking for an easier road. But really, I think the road I'm on is easy, in it's own way, I've just got to see it, let go and let God, slow down and feel Him, and trust he is in control! (told you this was hard for me ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment