Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy 5th Anniversary

We celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary this year and it was amazing! 5 years ago, December 6th, 2008 I became a Mrs. to Mr. David Patrick and I couldn't be happier. I never knew I could continue to fall in love, but I have, so much! The Lord has stretched us through things that others see as deal-breakers. The Lord has blessed us in ways we never expected. The Lord has paved a path that we didn't expect, but that has been so perfect. We are truly blessed. So, how did we celebrate? New York was in the plans at one point (and we got a lot of good ideas from some great friends) but it didn't quite work out this go round. Maybe sometime in the future. We did, spend the weekend downtown ... as in Downtown Charleston. Sometimes it's hard to believe we live in such a beautiful city. There is so much culture, history, beauty and FUN here. We love it! Friday night - Sunday afternoon we stayed in the Charleston Place Hotel (that I just can't quit calling the Omni, ha!) and just enjoyed Charleston - and ate a lot of food! Here are some pics of the not-so-far-away getaway! 

Under the Christmas Tree in Marion Square on Friday night
Brunch on Saturday morning on King Street - AMAZING!
 A Sweetgrass Basket Ornament for our Christmas tree from the Market purchased half-way through a LONG day of shopping! (David knows what makes me tick! LOL)
Waiting for our dinner reservations on Saturday evening. We were sitting on an authentic Charleston Joggling Board :)
 Dinner menu at Husk on Saturday evening - our actual anniversary is the 6th, but it was the 7th. Still a sweet sweet thing ... they sat us in the corner of a room next to a window overlooking Queen Street with a nice fireplace. It was very romantic!
 
 Still so in love!
 
AAAND ... since I wasn't at church on Sunday (which is rare!) my sister left me a sweet sticky-note message to come back to. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment